I suggest you ...

Bookmarking

Not just "last place", but the ability to bookmark literally dozens of pages if necessary.

423 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Geoffrey Kidd shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • rmcneilly commented  · 

Would really like the ability to sync current page across devices.

• Ross Gall commented  · 

This feature is a "must have". Every time I go back to the library to check something I have to write down my last location. It is a real pain. Would also be nice if it identified your last place across devices. Creating a bookmark should be your hottest priority. Your app is so great but I have been moving my books to iBooks just because of the lack of a bookmark. REALLY NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSEDVIMMEDIATELY!

• Ayjona commented  · 

Extremely important. I'm surprised this was not one of the first implemented features in the Stanza replacement run.

• David Allen commented  · 

Bookmarking - ideally highlighting a section of text - would be very useful and doesn't seem too hard. Bluefire remembers bookmarks if a book is deleted and reloaded. I like that, although I hope the notes get backed up and there should be a way to delete all notes for a book quickly. A gesture to navigate to the next note would be neat (ideally via a set of actions that can be bound to gestures a la Atomic Reader, although I guess that's a separate feature).

• Marg B. commented  · 

This is my #1 deal-breaker with MegaReader. I'm addicted to bookmarking pages in Stanza with typos or other problems. That way I can fix them in Sigil, and not trip over them when I later re-read a favorite!

• Aaron Lowndes commented  · 

I second this - I used this feature all the time in Stanza. When using megareader I always try to bookmark my place by tapping the top-right corner, but of course it just turns the page now.
        When the Stanza app crashed (it did sometimes) if I hadn't bookmarked then the "last place" would revert to the previous run's last place (i.e. the run before the crash). By using bookmarks I could make sure I keep updating the latest place in (more) permanent memory so the app wouldn't lose the place if it crashed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base