Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminPatrick Thompson (Founder, Inkstone Mobile, MegaReader) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  · 

Works! Thanks for the update!

• Nick commented  · 

Please add support for this. I just bought megareader since the new IOS beta just broke stanza - probably for good. I like the reader but the status bar is very distracting and consumes extra real estate. Please add a toggle to hide it in the text view but leave it on in the center tap overlay.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm loving Megareader. The ability to hide the menu bar, would make it so much better.

• DLSE commented  · 

Full screen viewing!! The ability to to reduce margins as much as possible. For me, once you remove the top and bottom margins I will switch over. Thank you for all of the other great improvements!

• Tillsbury commented  · 

Absolutely. Everything everyone else said, again.

• starpause commented  · 

+1 to hiding the status bar being an option, or having it appear only when you tap in the middle of the screen.

• Andreas commented  · 

This is easy fix and urgent. Night reading dont work due to the brightness status bar. The clock stresses me out.

• Alex commented  · 

You can make it showup when user touches the middle of the screen. Most other readers do it this way. By default it should be off though.

• Rick commented  · 

I travel ALL the time. When I am reading at night on my iPad trying to get my brain to shut off, I don't want to know what time it is or who my wireless provider is. I want the iDevice to be as "invisible" as possible, just get into the book. Please make it so I can turn off the status bar (and others who want it can turn it on). Megareader is my replacement for the sadly defunct Stanza, and it appears to be superlative. I love that I can configure the tap zones and can swipe for brightness (my two favorite functions of Stanza). Please let me hide the status bar.

• David Allen commented  · 

Screen space is very valuable on an iPhone. The inability to reduce margins was what ruled out using iBooks for me (although Stanza is/was better in many ways).

• Kathleen commented  · 

If some people want to be able to hide it, please make it optional because being able to see the time is what I liked most when trying the light version of your app. I read on my lunch hour, etc and like being able to just glance up and know how much longer I have. (Overdrive shows the time on the status bar. That and library access are the only two things that keep that one on my ipod.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base