I suggest you ...

Bulk download from Calibre and other catalogs.

The ability when on a catalog book list to select all books for download in a simple way without having to do the books one at a time.

447 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminPatrick Thompson (Founder, Inkstone Mobile, MegaReader) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Theriot commented  · 

I love e-readers. This was a feature of Stanza I became accustomed to. I used it often. I stored many books on my device because I could, and it pleased me to carry a libarry in my pocket. This doesn't seem like a feature that would be of high value to most users who only store a few books on their device. But it means much to me. I use MegaReader because it is as close as available, feature-wise, to Stanza, and I really love it's stability compared to Stanza, a team that seemed to know its users. Stanza was a great, though flawed program that MegaReader is on track to better. I don't realistically believe it is your mission to replace Stanza, but I hope you recognize the greatness of their team's achievement, and you would do well to measure up to what they achieved as a for-free app. I'm using three of my votes to support this feature. For what it is worth, enough said.

• Alex commented  · 

It is easy to do with iTunes. Just drop in to file sharing window all the books at the same time and sync your device. No immediate need for the feature IMHO.

• kedanrah commented  · 

Similarly, I just added 3 votes to this feature, as well. I'm also a bulk uploader ... and I also use Calbre to manage my personal collection as well as upload to MegaReader.

Pretty please with sugar on top!

• Anonymous commented  · 

A long press on an author or series to load the whole author or series would be appreciated.

• Lynn Maddry commented  · 

Either this or iTunes file sharing. I have over a thousand books in my calibre library and while I might not want all in Megareader, I would like to easily copy 20 or 30 at a time.

• M commented  · 

Yes! Yes oh please oh please!!! I just spent 3 votes on this one!

• MJG commented  · 

I have over close to 1000 books in my calibre library so being able to import without having to go into each book individually is very important. As well, I've noticed that when you're in the Calibre catalog screens it doesn't have any visual sign whether a book has already been downloaded or not, so I end up wasting a lot of time going into each one to check.

• Ed commented  · 

Especially now that many many people are forced out of Stanza, downloading full series or all from an author is highly requested.

• Pete Bevin commented  · 

I would love this. I have about 200 books in my Calibre library and really don't want to have to do each one individually.

• Geoffrey Kidd commented  · 

This would be nice, but from my standpoint, it's not urgent. I rarely keep more than the books I'm immediately loading in Calibre, and having to click/download/return cycle to get 5-6 books is not a great burden on my time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base